Tuesday 20 July 2010

Social aspect and our thinking

Hi my friends,

I would like to add some points concern caution that was mentioned by Helen. It is true that technological devices have impact on some traditional skills. They also could change how our brains work which i would talk about. Therefor, I will try to explain how our using for technological items could affect us socially and our mind.

According to some researches there is growing evidence that the constant using for personal technology such as mobile phone, computer and video games could lead to lose of the ability to focus properly on some task as reading book. Furthermore, using technology may affect our senses such listening as a result of using headphone for a long time, in particular, loud sound. Moreover, scientific evidences show that our brains have a limited capacity for processing information which increases relatively if we use our brains frequently, on other word, keep it active. As consequently, if we activate our brains, they will keep on running and active state. However, active brain capable of focusing fully on the present moment and keeping in touch with what is happening around us.

Additionally, we cannot ignore how using technology affect us regarding to social cohesion, we can analyze this issue in two views. Firstly, which is positive, using technology contributes to increase our social relations because we can contact with our parents, friends and relatives at any time. Pressing icon or sending email connects me to my job, old friend and my neighbor. Secondly, which is negative, using technology cause kind of cold feelings in our social lives as a result of the easy connections because we lost a warm moments that we were living in when we waiting our treasures and our relatives. I have remembered haw i feel when I receive much letters from my brother or my mam when i leave them a few months. I save some samples of those letters which take me back to that time with warm feeling, i think we missed such feelings which may do not back forever.


My respect,
Mohammed Almalki

No comments:

Post a Comment