Tuesday 20 July 2010

caution needed..

I would agree that advances in technology have largely improved our lives and have shaped our culture as a result. However there are many people, in third world countries for example, who do not benefit, or profit, from these developments.

I am also concerned that certain traditional skills are being lost at the expense of these developments, such as interpersonal and communication skills, at least those which require face-to-face contact.

On a personal level, I still prefer hand-written letters to emails, board games to electronic games and photographs to digital images. But I am old-fashioned, and no doubt in the minority! What do you think?

Helen

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree more in these point. I am not into technology as well.

    ReplyDelete